Sunday 24 July 2011

Skin Care! With Short Reviews.

So today i thought i would show you my skin care regime. As being a Beauty Therapist i know its very important to look after your skin well. A basic skin care regime should consist of a cleanser, toner and moisturiser suitable for your skin type. So here's mine..




I use Garnier Skin Naturals 2 in 1 Make Up Remover. It contains plant extract and pro-vitamin B5, with neither perfume or alcohol. I love this product does exactly what its meant to do, it doesn’t feel too oily on my skin either. And its a bonus that it even removes waterproof make up.
After taking my make up off i then use my Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Gentle Cleansing Lotion for dry & sensitive skin just to take off any traces of make up my make up remover didn't get, This cleanser ‘gently cleanses & removes make-up for a soft skin feeling.’ And that  is indeed what it does. It also contains Natural Almond Oil & Calendula Extract. Has a pleasant smell but i don't feel it benefits my skin, only takes make up off, I'm thinking about changing my cleanser to a Garnier one!
I then move onto my Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Refreshing Toner for normal & combination skin. I prefer this to my cleanser out of the two as it leaves my skin feeling soft as well as fresh and removes final traces of make up whilst helping close my pores. This product contains vitamins & natural lotus extract.
Finally i use my Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream for normal & combination skin.This product ‘moisturises & protects for a fresh skin feeling'.’ This product contains the same as the toner, vitamins & natural lotus extract as well as containing an SPF 15. Again this product has a pleasant smell but i don't feel it benefits my skin, only takes make up off, I'm thinking about changing my cleanser to a Garnier one!

Moving onto my products i used, but don’t use everyday…

DSC02194

Starting with Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask. I highly recommend this products, its one of the best products i have in my skin care collection. It is a ‘warming charcoal treatment for perfectly clean and purified skin.’ And that's exactly what it is, its a charcoal coloured mask and when you apply it to your face it immediately heats up. This mask gives a deep cleanse and is great for getting rid of blemishes. However it is a bit pricey at £10.20 but i would spend that much to use it again!
Next i have my Vitamin E Moisture Cream from The Body Shop. I use this moisturiser when my skin is feeling a little dry. Its a ‘daily antioxidant protection and moisturisation.’ It hydrates my skin nicely leaving it soft after I've used it, its a nice pale pink colour with a nice smell.
Nivea Visage Young Clean Deeper is my facial exfoliator, i use this about 4 times a week as it isn't harsh on the skin at all. It ‘helps prevent spots& blackheads for refined skin with pore cleansing power beads.’ Unfortunately there is only a little bit left in the bottle for you to see as I'm running out, but going to the shops to purchase some more of this tomorrow! I love it, it leaves my skin nice and refreshed after i get out of the shower ready for me to put some moisturiser on!
Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash from The Body Shop again is a new product i picked up. Its for oily and combination skin and its a ‘refreshing gel, removes impurities, make up and excess oil.’ With this product having seaweed in i thought the smell would be unbearable but actually its quite a nice refreshing smell,  very pleasant. However the times i have used this product i found myself waking up with some spots on my face so i tent to steer away from using this product.
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash is a newer product I've recently picked up. After only using it a few times i really like it. It ‘helps eliminate spots and blackheads with a clean free feel.’ The grapefruit smell is lovely and the pink colour attracted me to the product even more. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, but I'm yet to notice whether it helps eliminate spots and blackheads as i haven't used it enough yet!
Finally is my Vitamin E Facial Oil from The Body Shop. Its for dry skin, which i occasionally get so i thought i would try this product. It ‘moisturises, comforts and helps protect dry skin.’ After using it i have realised i really don't like the smell of this product, but as for the product itself i like the way it goes onto the skin soaks in nicely helping dry skin re-moisturise. Overall a handy product if you have bad dry skin.

Sorry for the long post but worth the read girls. If any of you have tried these products comment below and tell me what you think of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Dolls! Thanks for reading my page, and please feel free to comment your views or ask any questions!